The Athena Award honors individuals who strive toward the highest levels of professional accomplishment;
women who excel in their chosen field, have devoted time and energy to their community in a meaningful way
and also open doors so that others may follow in their path.
- Nominee must have a proven record of contribution to the business/financial growth of her company or organization.
- Nominee must demonstrate ongoing advancement or progressive job growth in her career, along with significant leadership accomplishments and milestones along the way.
- Nominee must possess a minimum of 3 (Three) Years of professional business experience
- Nominee is not required to be a member of the CVABC, however, she must be within the CVABC Service Area of Central Virginia.
- Nominee may be from either for-profit or not-for-profit organizations.
A selection committee of prominant business owners & leaders from our community and PAST Athena Award Recipients will review all nominations to ensure candidates fit the qualifications of an Athena nominee. All finalists will receive a confirmation letter/email and an Athena Award questionnaire by Monday, April 15, 2019 to be returned by Monday April 22, 2019.
All Athena Nominees will be recognized , and the 2019 Athena Award recipient announced, at the Athena Award Luncheon on May 24, 2019 at the Academy Center of the Arts.
Nominator is to email or mail the completed Nomination Form to Heather Alto at [email protected] or 147 Mill Ridge Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502
Complete the form as thoroughly as possible to ensure a comprehensive profile of the nominee
Completed Nominations forms MUST be received NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2019.
Completing the Form:
Nominations for the ATHENA Award must be submitted using this nomination form.
Digital Versions of this nomination form will be accepted by email to [email protected]
No Handwritten nominations forms will be accepted.
Nominees are encourage to assist in completing the form.
Return Completed Form to:
c/o Central Virginia Business Coalition
147 Mill Ridge Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Email: Heather Alto: